Beautiful, practical, always fashionable – leather is ideal for bags and accessories.
Choose Kingfisher Leather NZ - "Bringing leather to life"
Kiwi-made Kingfisher Leather is top of the line artisan leather craftsmanship.
Kingfisher Leather products are cut from the best pieces of quality leather.
Vivien King makes every part of her leather bags herself, starting from scratch from a full hide – cutting, sewing, and painstakingly putting each piece into place.
Made locally, loved globally. Leather is universal and timeless.
If you’ve never experienced quality handmade NZ leather fashion, you’re in for a wonderful experience.
Since ancient times, leather has been one of the most valuable natural fabrics on earth. Made from cow hide, carefully cured, softened with beeswax, leather has the advantages of:
- Durable, flexible and strong – leather will last years and can be handed on to your family
- Timelessly fashionable – leather looks amazing in any era
- Leather smells wonderful, refreshing and natural
- Its natural hues make leather stylish and a perfect match for many clothes head to toe
- Eco-friendly – using cow hide for leather goods ensures an animal’s hide is turned into something deeply valued
- Leather breathes – it lets air out while keeping warmth in
- Being non-allergenic to most people.
Guilt-free leather made with love
Kingfisher Leather uses locally-sourced leather and belt straps. Kingfisher belt straps are imported before buckles and pins are added. Vivien personally refines her imported belt straps before they are riveted and adjusted for size. All belts are made from one piece of leather so they are strong and durable.
Vivien King’s ‘world famous in New Zealand’ bespoke leather fashion products
Upcoming events in 2019:
- Hamilton Women’s Lifestyle Expo 25-26 May
- The Women’s Lifestyle Expo in Whangarei 3-4 August 2019
- Wellington Underground Markets during WoW World of Wearable Arts 2019, October 5-6 and October 12-13
Past events and appearances:
- General Collective, Auckland
- Lifestyle & Design Market, Auckland
- Marsden Cove, Paihia cruise ship markets
- The Old Packhouse Markets, Kerikeri
- Marsden Cove Market
- Boutique Waipu Market
- Waipu Street Markets
Kingfisher Leather supports sustainable practices by
- Colour combinations incorporated into designs to go with a variety of outfits
- Patchwork designs use up offcuts of leather hides and they show off natural edging of hide
- Adjustable bag straps and strap extensions to extend bag life to be versatile for all body shapes
- Wide product options from tote bags to cardholders to suit everyone’s needs and reduce clutter
- Plastic bag free – Paper bags and cardboard boxes are used when selling and posting items to customers
Leather hide uniqueness
Every leather hide has its own unique characteristics.
These variations of tone, grain, scuffs and scars are uniquely special to each natural animal hide (showing the material's life story.) Such character features in no way affect the integrity of the product.
Kingfisher Leather believes these characteristics enrich the uniqueness of your item and show you the story of the animal behind your leather.
Disclaimer: Kingfisher Leather products are hand made, so dimensions of items may vary slightly. Leather colours may vary from photo to hide colour or from hide to hide in the tanning process.
- Standard delivery time is 3-10 days via Courier Post NZ - tracked
- If out of stock, Kingfisher Leather will contact you advising the time required to remake the item and options to ensure your satisfaction
- Kingfisher Leather NZ will contact you once the item has been sent, with tracking details
- If you require urgent delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Kingfisher Leather within 14 days of your purchase if you have any issues with your items or wish to exchange, alter or return your order.
Contact and we will endeavor to assist you where possible. We abide by the Consumers Guarantees Act.